ArcticInsider Message Board: Another Triple Rescued - ArcticInsider Message Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Another Triple Rescued 97 Tcat AGLT ready to go

#1 User is offline   Tallcool1 Icon

• Kitty Cat
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • My Sled(s):Tcat

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:31 AM

A couple years ago I picked up a 2010 Crossfire for my son. He liked it, but said it didn't feel completely stable on the trails :) So, I made a deal with him that I'd sell it and find an old triple to mod like my '98 Tcat. (He's always liked my sled) Picked up a 97 Tcat and the fun started. This sled was the perfect example of a sled that was probably hauled on an open trailer and never washed down after a trip. Apparently the previous owner had no idea what WD-40 can do for metal. Every bolt head/etc. had rust on it. The good news is the hood/decals/plastics were all in great shape. I started gathering what I needed for the AGLT mod and 136" rear. Instead of looking for individual parts, I bought two parts sleds....a complete '00 ZR600 for all the front end parts, and a '98 ZRT chassis for the tunnel extension. Ended up selling other parts off of the ZR to get more than my money back for it, and the ZRT chassis yielded enough parts off of it to make it worth much more than the $100.00 I paid for it. I used the ZRT tunnel to make my own tunnel extension.

From the ZR I swapped the following:
- Both clutches
- Handlebars/ignition switch
- A arms and shocks

Other parts acquired:
- 98 CDI so the handle bar switches will work
- '10 LED tail light

With a LOT of elbow grease, it came out pretty good. Would still like to pull the front end apart to sandblast/paint the front frame, but that'll have to wait...too many other projects.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Tallcool1 Icon

• Kitty Cat
  • PipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • My Sled(s):Tcat

Posted 30 August 2018 - 09:36 AM

A few more before.

*** For some reason site won't let me post more pics...i will try again later.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users