ArcticInsider Message Board: Odd Chassis 71 Lynx???? - ArcticInsider Message Board

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Odd Chassis 71 Lynx????

#1 User is offline   Terry Bashoor Icon

• Lynx
  • PipPip
  • Group: Members
  • My Sled(s):Arctic Cat 1966 thru 2009,too many to list here

Posted 29 October 2017 - 05:59 PM

I been digging thru some sleds and parts lately and selling of a few project machines that I will never get done (unless I live to be 150) anyway I ran across a 71 Lynx chassis that I've had for years and figured it would make for a good thread. Like I said it appears to be a 71 Lynx vin# reads 101688 telling us its a 71 BUT the model reads 634H!!!! now I pretty sure we all know there shouldn't have been any 634 Lynx built??? a 71 Panther tag would read 634HPA AND 71 Puma tag would be 634HPU Now the interesting part is this chassis has a jackshaft bulkhead, the only exhaust holes in the pan are for Montana pipes! So lets hear some theories on this.

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Tom Rowland Icon

• Trail Cat
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • My Sled(s):Arctic Cat
  • My Atv(s):Arctic Cat

Posted 30 October 2017 - 09:39 AM

View PostTerry Bashoor, on 29 October 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

I been digging thru some sleds and parts lately and selling of a few project machines that I will never get done (unless I live to be 150) anyway I ran across a 71 Lynx chassis that I've had for years and figured it would make for a good thread. Like I said it appears to be a 71 Lynx vin# reads 101688 telling us its a 71 BUT the model reads 634H!!!! now I pretty sure we all know there shouldn't have been any 634 Lynx built??? a 71 Panther tag would read 634HPA AND 71 Puma tag would be 634HPU Now the interesting part is this chassis has a jackshaft bulkhead, the only exhaust holes in the pan are for Montana pipes! So lets hear some theories on this.

That is a pretty interesting mystery Terry. You'd definitely have the fastest 71 Lynx around if you had a 634 under the hood!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users