ArcticInsider Message Board: Any Info On The New 2014 Sno Pro Race Sleds? - ArcticInsider Message Board

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any Info On The New 2014 Sno Pro Race Sleds?

#1 User is offline   Hunter0774 Icon

  • Kitty Cat
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 24-May 13

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:42 PM

Looking for some info on the 2014 race sleds, sno pro 600 cross country...........want to see the changes from the 2013's....thanks in advance
0

#2 User is offline   2lapsdown Icon

  • Lynx
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 114
  • Joined: 22-September 09
  • LocationBemidji, MN
  • My Sled(s):2013 Sno Pro 600 xc
    Multiple Sno Pro 500's
  • My Atv(s):Polaris Sportsman 400
    Polaris Hawkeye 325
    Yamaha sport Quads

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

View PostHunter0774, on 04 June 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

Looking for some info on the 2014 race sleds, sno pro 600 cross country...........want to see the changes from the 2013's....thanks in advance

Sounds like minimal changes. The 13 was a very solid piece on the xc side.
0

#3 User is offline   Hunter0774 Icon

  • Kitty Cat
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 24-May 13

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:33 PM

I see that you have a 13 xc, how did you like it? power, handling, shocks? I just switched from Yamaha onto a Sno Pro, looking for some insight on what to expect, I talked with some other racers at the end of year about it a little. Did you trail ride yours at all?
0

#4 User is offline   2lapsdown Icon

  • Lynx
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 114
  • Joined: 22-September 09
  • LocationBemidji, MN
  • My Sled(s):2013 Sno Pro 600 xc
    Multiple Sno Pro 500's
  • My Atv(s):Polaris Sportsman 400
    Polaris Hawkeye 325
    Yamaha sport Quads

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostHunter0774, on 07 June 2013 - 03:33 PM, said:

I see that you have a 13 xc, how did you like it? power, handling, shocks? I just switched from Yamaha onto a Sno Pro, looking for some insight on what to expect, I talked with some other racers at the end of year about it a little. Did you trail ride yours at all?

You are in for a treat! It took a little getting used to, as we were very familiar with the 08-11 chassis but the the 13 is a very good piece, a huge improvement over the 12's. The sp600 is vastly superior to a nytro, and I'm referring to the "special" Yamaha that they ran in the USXC that they have about 25 grand into. Lighter, quicker, better handling. You have to get it set up the way you want it, but there is a ton of adjustability built in. Pay attention to the quality of your fuel, jetting etc. It is a very high strung 2 smoke, and they will go boom if you don't know what you are doing. If you roll it on its side to change carbides, set the parking brake or it can get a bubble in the line. I don't trail ride much. To busy working on the darn things getting them ready for the next week! Where are you racing?
0

#5 User is offline   Hunter0774 Icon

  • Kitty Cat
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 3
  • Joined: 24-May 13

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

I like the sound of that... I was not happy with the nytro as a race sled.. its a great trail sled, just not nimble or strong enough for rough racing. USCC East is the racing series, I run the sport 600 and sport 600 improved classes. All the races were in Maine this year, hopefully Erik and Bob can get some more races in New England to get more racers involved. It's a great time, now I am looking forward to ridding the new sno pro. Are you mixing race fuel and hi test pump gas to run in your sled? Do you have to swap out the jets a lot? Or just mostly for tempature?
0

#6 User is offline   2lapsdown Icon

  • Lynx
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 114
  • Joined: 22-September 09
  • LocationBemidji, MN
  • My Sled(s):2013 Sno Pro 600 xc
    Multiple Sno Pro 500's
  • My Atv(s):Polaris Sportsman 400
    Polaris Hawkeye 325
    Yamaha sport Quads

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

View PostHunter0774, on 09 June 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

I like the sound of that... I was not happy with the nytro as a race sled.. its a great trail sled, just not nimble or strong enough for rough racing. USCC East is the racing series, I run the sport 600 and sport 600 improved classes. All the races were in Maine this year, hopefully Erik and Bob can get some more races in New England to get more racers involved. It's a great time, now I am looking forward to ridding the new sno pro. Are you mixing race fuel and hi test pump gas to run in your sled? Do you have to swap out the jets a lot? Or just mostly for tempature?
You are going to love this sled. If you were a good rider before, you just got alot better! We mix 110 and 91. Standard oil gas mix. Cat oil. We usually setup very conservatively as far as jetting, timing etc. It kind of a pain to change the jets so we usually jet pretty fat and don't worry about it. The sled is stupid quick/fast anyway. why risk blowing it up. Very few racers can use that last little bit of performance anyway, and my riders are not those guys! Will be looking for a guy on a Cat on the podium out east this winter! Good Luck, and have fun! :trophy:
0

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users